PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY.
The protection of your personal information is very important to CardiacAssist®, Inc. (dba TandemLife®) This Privacy Statement tells you how we protect and use information that we gather through this TandemLife web site. This web site and this Privacy Statement are intended for a U.S. audience. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit this web site.
The protection of your personal data and your privacy enjoys the highest priority for us. For this reason, compliance with the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and other relevant legislation and provisions enacted to protect your privacy is something we take seriously. The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our web site. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information.
AUTOMATICALLY RECORDED NON-PERSONAL DATA
Non-personal data is information that we collect through this web site that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (for example, Firefox or Internet Explorer)
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site
- the date and time you access our web site
- which pages you have visited on our web site
- personal information that has been de-identified
When visiting our website, data may possibly be stored on your computer in the form of “cookies.” Cookies are simple pieces of data stored on your computer used to store information about you during and between visits. Cookies are useful in many ways. For example, they help us to attune a website to your interests or to store your password so that you do not have to re-input it upon each visit. If you do not wish to accept cookies, please adjust your web browser so that all existing cookies are deleted from your computer and new ones cannot be accepted or can only be accepted following confirmation by you. If you are unfamiliar with cookies or how they work, then we recommend that you visit www.aboutcookies.org for additional guidance.
In some places on this web site you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself. For example, you may fill out a contact form or survey. Personal information is information we collect through this web site that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- medical device serial number
- personal health information
- work history
- date of birth
We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this web site to provide you with access to this web site. In addition, TandemLife may keep and use your personal information:
- to respond to your requests
- to personalize your access to our web site, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc.). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this web site
- to protect our rights or property
- to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
- in the case of application for a position with TandemLife, for purposes of accepting and evaluating you for the position
TandemLife will not share your personal information collected from this web site with an unrelated third party without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third party, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We will not sell exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this web site
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Please note: In addition to the ways that we may keep, disclose, and use information described in this Privacy Statement, TandemLife also may keep, disclose, and use personally identifiable information that you give us through this web site in ways that we believe are consistent with FDA and other governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This web site may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any other web site. We are not responsible for the performance of web sites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this web site we recommend that you review each web site’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
TandemLife cares about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
WEB SITE SECURITY
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please use the Contact Us feature at the top of your screen or by contacting TandemLife at:
240 Alpha Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15238