Advanced hemodynamic support devices are designed to offer a high degree of circulatory support. Three percutaneous platforms are commercially available:
(1) percutaneous cardiopulmonary bypass (pCPB)
(2) intraluminal axial support (e.g., Impella)
(3) left atrium-to-femoral artery bypass (TandemHeart)
TandemHeart forged the temporary circulatory support device market with the launch of a one-of-a-kind Transseptal Cannula that offers a unique approach to circulatory support by balancing two critical factors: (1) a powerful pump for end organ perfusion and (2) transseptal cannulation of the left atrium to decompress and rest the left ventricle. Among all your available circulatory support options, only TandemHeart provides a steady supply of oxygenated blood to the organs while decompressing the left ventricle to reduce the work of the heart.
The TandemHeart kit components are indicated for temporary cardiopulmonary bypass up to 6 hours.
- Physiologic levels of pressure (90 mmHg) and
- Full power support (0.8-0.9 Watts) for organ perfusion
- Maximum left ventricular unloading, up to 80-90%
- Decreased myocardial oxygen demand for potential